Skip navigation
UnderColorTwoToOne
Currently Being Moderated

Table of contenst

Feb 5, 2013 3:36 PM

Tags: #table #of #paragraph #styles #contents

I have nearly 100 different product in my catalog that are placed in three categories. Every product is titled with different color, but all other options are the same. How can i add 3 paragraph styles if every of my items has different color in his title. Is there any way that I could make table of contenst without adding 100 paragraph styles for every one of my item titles?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2013 9:45 PM   in reply to UnderColorTwoToOne

You write about 3 different colors to 100 different products. So I suppose that you need 3 different paragraph styles and not 100.

Create these 3 paragraph styles and create 3 entries in your TOC definition. Create also one entry style if you will that all 3 entries look the same, create 3 if you want them look different.

If you want to apply the same color of a paragraph to the TOC then you need only to create a character style for each color. Nothing should be specified except the character color in this style. Now you can use only 1 entry for these paragraphs because the character styles comes into the toc unchanged.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 12:30 AM   in reply to UnderColorTwoToOne

Do you want to have the toc entries the same color? Use a characterstyle.

No, use also a character style, but put the toc in a seperate file in a book. In that indd file of the toc redefine the character styles with the same name but no color definition.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to UnderColorTwoToOne

No, not importing. The toc needs to be a seperate file from the same book. Only so it is possible to have diferent character style definition for the same style.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to UnderColorTwoToOne

Use one paragraph style, but set up 50 Character styles that contain ONLY character color.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points