Skip navigation
attm&pmanger
Currently Being Moderated

RH 8 HTML Freezing from Starter

Feb 5, 2013 4:07 PM

My PC has been having latency issues and I'm not sure if it's due to RH 8 , the only Adobe program in my Technical Communication Suite that I use heavily.  Just in case it's the machine itself, I have opened a ticket with my corporate help desk.

Here is the issue - my RH 8 project won't open when I select it from the project list in Starter.  It freezes up, something it's been doing for the past few days and something I believe it has been hinting at for the past few months by making me delete the .cpd file before launching it. 

I hope I've provided sufficient info for assistance with trouble shooting. 

Is this a known issue, and if so, what's the work around?

Replies
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,358 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 2:56 AM   in reply to attm&pmanger

There is no reason why RH* should freeze as far as I know. Can you tell us a bit more about your operating system and PC specification though.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to attm&pmanger

What's your O/S? 32 or 64-bit? 2.92 GB of RAM isn't much, but you bump into a ceiling limit with some O/S's

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 3:26 PM   in reply to attm&pmanger

Hi

Close Robohelp. Open Run Command, type regedit. In the Registory Editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Robohelp\8.00. Highlight the 8.00 folder and click on File (at the top) and then click Export (Save it to your desktop). This way you can create a backup of this 8.00 folder. Once the backup is created on your desktop or any other location in your computer, then delete this 8.00 folder. Launch Robohelp 8 and then try to observe the behavior of Robohelp 8.

Hope it helps

Thanks

VJ

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points