Skip navigation
davidsheehan
Currently Being Moderated

PP6 (AVCHD) to encore - DVD output extremely poor on one of two cameras (main camera!).

Feb 6, 2013 2:42 AM

PP6 (AVCHD) to encore - DVD output extremely poor on one of two cameras (main camera!). Tried and burnt 10 different presets today and no good. Not much hair left! Using Panasonic HDC-HS900 and HDC-SD900 and have made other DVDs with the cameras and setup. Very weird. Perfect on-screen (new 27 iMac 3 days old) but once outputted to Encore to DVD disc, no good. Could someone give some advice please as I'm quite new at this and previous jobs worked well.

[SINCE LAST POST ABOVE] Hi all. So I'm gathering it's the resolution as I have tried the DVD on smaller screens (and uploaded to Vimeo with 100% success), but not on our larger TV. The last DVD I made worked fine though on the larger screen using the same equipmment. So guess it's all in the settings I'm using whether it be from the camera to the iMac or setting up the project in PP? Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to davidsheehan

What are the specs of the two media?  What sequence settings?  What export settings?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 5:58 PM   in reply to davidsheehan

Thanks, but the one critical factor missing is whether those settings are interlaced or progressive.

It matters.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to davidsheehan

Are you referring to Sequence Settings, Export settings or media spec?

All of the above.  Resolution and frame rate are only two of the three major specs that make a difference.  Interlaced or Progressive is the third.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to davidsheehan

OK, so you start with 1080i/25 footage and are working in a 1080i/25 sequence.  Good.

For export, choose the MPEG2-DVD option and the Match Source Attributes (Highest Quality) preset.  If you have GPU acceleration turned on, you're good.  If not, then also check Use Maximum Render Quality.

On the Output tab to the left, choose Scale to Fill. Hit Queue and away you go...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 4:17 PM   in reply to davidsheehan

TVs over 32" will almost certainly be HDTV, in which case people should be watching on a Blu-ray, not DVD.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points