Skip navigation
BobSomr
Currently Being Moderated

Copy DVD's in Windows 7

Feb 6, 2013 5:25 AM

At the risk of embarrasment, I need to ask a basic question about making copies of my new family movie 8mm/Super8 conversions for distribution to my siblings.  Dragging and dropping in windows explorer resulted in burning the "Start DVD" and "Video TS" files to the blank disc, but the new copy wouldn't play on my dvd player.  Looking for recommendations on making DVD copies.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

PS.  Anybody know why my profile picture doesn't show on this or any post?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to BobSomr

It could be that you created a data DVD rather than a playable DVD.

Instead, downloaded the irreplaceable ImgBurn.

Select the option to Burn Folder and burn that VIDEO_TS folder to a disc. (For good measure, select the option to verify it too.) It should play perfectly on all but the pickiest DVD player.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to BobSomr

Bob,

I agree with Steve. ImgBurn is a great, free burning utility, that actually offers more control, than PrE allows.

I also recommend using high-quality blank media, like Falcon Pro, Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden, and NOT using brands, such as Memorex, recent Ritek, recent TDK, or any "store brand," as one has no idea (though ImgBurn will actually tell you), exactly what brand of media you have - those "do not use" brands actually buy the cheapest brand that day, and then rebrand them. A spindle might have multiple actual brands, though they all will have the reseller's logo on them.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:16 AM   in reply to BobSomr

I am with you. Those ads ARE tacky, but then with most freeware, they have become a fact of life.

This shows where to go on the ImgBurn.com page, for the REAL download:

ImgBurn_Download.png

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

By the way, the product is called ImgBurn, not ImagBurn -- which may be why it didn't come up when you Googled it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to BobSomr

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:39 AM   in reply to BobSomr

Excellent Bob!

I find ImgBurn to be a great utility. I use it to create DVD-Data discs, do final burns on DVD-Videos, and even as a utility, to see who the mfgr. of some of my blank media really is.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points