Skip navigation
rscarpenter5050
Currently Being Moderated

Background color for titles

Feb 6, 2013 8:56 AM

Tags: #photoshop_elements_11

How do you change the background color for a title from black to another color in Adobe Premire Elements 11?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 9:26 AM   in reply to rscarpenter5050

There are a couple of ways to do this.

The easiest is to place the title on the Video 2 track.

Then go to the Panel Options menu on the upper right of the Project Assets panel and select New Item/Color Matte.

This will create a color media clip, which you can place on Video 1, under and behind your title clip.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to rscarpenter5050

Looks like Steve beat me to the post!  I was trying out my Windows Snipping Tool and it slowed me down.

It is a little hidden.  You want to create a new "Color Matt".

Open the Project Assets box.

To the right of the little pin is a drop down.  The pin is to the right of the garbage can.

On the drop down pick "New Item" and select "Color Matt".

Move the slider up and down to show the range of choices and click in the middle of the square to the left of the slider.

Click OK and a "Color Matt" clip will show up in the timeling.

Use the title you have or create a new title.  It appears to be on a black background.  It is really an appearance, becuase the reason it is black is that there is not a background.

Put the title clip on video 2 above the color matt clip on video 1.  You can play with the opacity of eiter clip with the sliders under the "fx" tab to change the intensity.  You can even put the matt on top, but you will have to reduce the opacity because it will block the title below it.

Screen.JPG

Hope that helps.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:04 AM   in reply to rscarpenter5050

I like Steve's and Bill's use of the Color Matte, and usually use that method.

Another possibility (Steve did mention that there are several), is to use Titler, and first create a Shape, that fills the Frame (you will probably want Fill, but no Stroke), then add your Text Object above that. I use a variation of that method, when I want a large Shape, but not one that completely fills the Frame. For a "Frame filler," I think that Color Matte is both easier, and quicker.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt wrote:

I like Steve's and Bill's use of the Color Matte, and usually use that method.

Hunt

You taught it to me in another post awhile back!  But, the notes I took were from Version 10.  I had to look a little to find the "color matt" function in 11!  They buried it.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to whsprague

Bill,

IIRC, Steve taught me about the changes to PrE 11, regarding the new locations... I try to learn something new every day. That is why I spend time reading this forum - to always learn.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points