Skip navigation
TRUE_SEEKER
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Master Collection 5.5,  method of extracting all the presets, settings, etc. from every progra

Feb 6, 2013 10:25 AM

Is there an automatic method of extracting all the presets, settings, etc. from every program in the Adobe Master Collection 5.5? 

I am about to regenerate my Operating System Partitions  from scratch & do not want to go through setting up each & every program in the master collection by hand.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

Forget it. All Adobe programs must be installed correctly for the licensing system to work, so any hacking just to extract certain files is wasted effort. You'd still have to install eventually...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 6:38 PM   in reply to TRUE_SEEKER

Adobe does have some pages documenting where it keeps preference et. al. files.  For example, this one for Photoshop CS5:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-functions-names-lo cations.html

I do know that overlaying the contents of the Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings folder does restore most of the preferences.  The Color Settings are in a file called Color Settings.csf in another folder (depending on OS).  What I don't know is whether there are paths in those files that will differ depending on how you reinstall your system.

You'll want to reinstall all your plug-ins again, much the same as when you reinstall Photoshop.  But you can make a copy of your Plug-ins subfolders from your 32 and 64 bit Photoshop installation areas just for good measure, to make sure you don't forget some of them.

As for other programs in the suite...  You'll have to look for that info separately.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points