Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS 5.1 Write Speeds

Feb 6, 2013 10:51 AM

Only one write speed (6X) is available, what happened to the others and how can they be recovered?  Have searched  forums and the internet, but no resolution was found so far.  Help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to texber2012

Many of us never use Encore to burn, so I am not sure.

But just like many burning apps, it will only present those speeds that are possible, given the burner and media used.

Not where I can test this at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to texber2012

Create an ISO (Encore) or folder on your hard drive (Encore or Premiere Elements) and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 7:43 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

But just like many burning apps, it will only present those speeds that are possible, given the burner and media used.

No blank disks loaded, DVD format and output to disk, my bluray drive gives me only 6x as an option; my DVD drive gives a choice of 8x and 6x.

Set for BD format and output to disk, I can only access the BD drive and write speed is greyed out (with or without a disk in the drive).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to texber2012

Possible burn speeds are determined by your burner and blank media.  Encore will show you whatever is available.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points