Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does all of my Encore timeline audio play except for one section?

Feb 6, 2013 12:27 PM

Tags: #audio #sequence #encore #problems #cs6 #timeline #encore_cs6 #premiere_cs6

I am authoring a bluray that contains 8 different (approx) 15 minute video files.  All of the audio plays except for one of the 15 minute files, which falls 7th in the sequence.  I am importing the sequence into Encore CS6 from Premiere CS6.  The audio plays fine in Premiere CS6, but when imported into Encore CS6, it is completely silent, only for that one 15 minute portion. All other audio in the sequence plays fine. I have tried re-importing the sequence under a different name, no success.  The video plays fine in Encore, just not the audio.

Premiere CS6

Encore CS6

Windows 7

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 1:01 PM   in reply to TexasGypsy101

Are you exporting from Premiere to a file, then importing that to Encore? Or are you dynamic linking PR sequences into Encore?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 2:19 PM   in reply to TexasGypsy101

I think I totally missed it. I now think you have one sequence in Premiere with 8 clips there. You dynamic link that sequence to Encore. All audio is okay, except for the section from clip 7. Right?

What kind of footage in Premiere and what sequence setting? Any effects applied in Premiere?

To troubleshoot, I would export only that clip 7 area, import that file to Encore, and check the audio.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 8:52 AM   in reply to TexasGypsy101

Did you have the transcode settings on "automatic" when you were using dynamic link?

If so, all it means is you used a little higher datarate when you exported the files than Encore used. You can use trial and error, or use a bitrate calculator to determine your best datarate to fill the disk.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points