Skip navigation
LNPato
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 Customize Workspace

Feb 6, 2013 1:12 PM

Tags: #11 #premiere_elements #customizing_workspace #workspace_settings

I have recently upgraded from Premiere Elements 9 to Premiere Elements 11, and I do like some of the new features of the layout, however I wish I could customize the layout...

I like having the preview window be front and center, but I don't like how the Project Assets window stays open & covers it.

So, is there either A). A way to move the preview screen to the right, or B). Make the Project Assets window auto-close after I have dragged my clip out of it?

And is there a way to keep the effects & transitions open in their own window/box?

I know Elements 9 had where you could drag & drop the panels where you wanted...I believe the setting to be able to do this was "show docking headers"...Is this option available in 11?

And I really dislike how the "Transition Adjustments" box (see image) stays open after I have dragged & dropped a transition where I want! It asks where you want it aligned, but isn't that why I have the ability to drag it to where I want? Or it lets you adjust the duration, but I already have my default duration set in my settings, and I can click & drag the ends of it to adjust...!

Is there a way to make this box not pop up?

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Lauren

adobe question.jpg<-- (Go away!)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to LNPato

The only option for customizing the workspace that you have in version 11 is to separate the timeline from the rest of the interface by selecting the Two Monitor option.

If you've got suggestions for revising that or adding new features in version 12, you should file a new feature request with Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 10:48 PM   in reply to LNPato

Steve is right!! there is no way to customize workspace except  window> Dual Monitor workspace .

But if you feel strongly about it. You can submit a feature request as suggested by steve.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to LNPato

If you go to the Adobe.com site and type New Feature Request in the search box, you'll get to this page:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points