Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with PDF 1.3-Export: Photoshop-Files with transparency over InDesign colored objects

Feb 6, 2013 2:09 PM

Hello!

I'm using InDesign CS6.

I'v finished now a layout for a folder, and I put a photoshop-image with transparency over a InDesign-rectangle which I have filled with a cmyk-color in yellow.

When I export a PDF with the Settings "PDF X-3:2002" (with PDF-Standard 1.3) the Photoshop-image shows uggley jagged edges at the border to the InDesign-colored background. However, the Photoshop-images which are over another bitmap-image (as background), this images don't show this annoying edges.

When I export to PDF-Standard 1.4 the problem doesn't occor, however my printing-service requests PDF 1.3.

I know, the workaround for this problem is, to replace the yellow background-color with an bitmap-file with the same color, but is there any other option to get a correct result without this more time-consuming image trick?

I think it has to do with the transparency reduction which is necessary if using PDF 1.3. When I examine the PDF-File in Illustrator, this edges occurs mostly at the borders from the tiles in which the image is cut during the transparency reduction process. Although, if I open the rendered PDF in Photoshop this jagged edeges are visible, so it is definitly a render error.

I would be glad if someone of you has a solution for this problem, in the attachment is an image which illustrate the problem.

Best wishes

PDF1.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 2:59 PM   in reply to Christoph Letmaier

Find another printer.

End of problem. It really saddens me to think that these Luddites are

still in business making no effort to move into the 21st century.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points