Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS6 OpenGL not working

Feb 6, 2013 5:13 PM

Tags: #opengl #cs6-photoshop-extended

I have been trying to use the 3D features of Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended and have been having no success. I have enabled the 'Use Graphics Processor' in the Edit->Preferences->Performance dialog box. I have also ensured that I have the latest version of the drivers installed. The video cards (in a CrossfireX configuration) are Sapphire HD Radeon 7970s. The thing is, when I installed Photoshop a few weeks ago, I tested the 3D functions and they worked fine. Now they no longer do so. I have updated video drivers and Photoshop since then but when I reverted back to the older drivers, the 3D features still didn't work. I have tested OpenGL in Modo 601 and Houdini FX 12 with no problems. I was wondering if I am missing something obvious.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 5:21 PM   in reply to vlaplante

Not familiar with the crossfire configuration, but you probalby gain little in PS with 2 cards.  But since they are the same it should work that way.

Is the 3D features grayed out?

What OS?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Feb 6, 2013 6:01 PM   in reply to vlaplante

Check into the Catalyst 13.2 beta display driver.  It's cleared up several problems with Photoshop seen in every newer version since 12.8, which was a good version for use with Photoshop.  I see they've just released beta 5.  I've been running beta 4 and loving it - so much so I'm not sure I want to change...

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 2:45 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I installed beta 5 yesterday. Everything seems nice and snappy. VRAM is correct at 2GB. No funny black marks in out of gamut colours. Fingers crossed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Feb 11, 2013 6:02 AM   in reply to Yammer

Yes, I'm on Catalyst 13.2 beta 5 now as well - very good progress there.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points