Skip navigation
Dane Hupp
Currently Being Moderated

adobe  encore cs6 with no audio

Feb 6, 2013 7:27 PM

If i open up a sequence or dynamic link a sequence to encore, I donnot get audio although I see the audio track in the timeline.  If I import a rendered mp4, I get the audio or if I import a vidoe file directly from my canon xa10, I hear the audio.  No idea what to do

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 8:30 PM   in reply to Dane Hupp

Do not use Dynamic Link

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/936216

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/938108

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/938549

Encoding notes http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1094516

Export as appropriate (DVD or BluRay) from PPro and import the file(s) into Encore

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to John T Smith

John, those links deal with Encore freezing due mostly to hardware issues.  Dynamic Link is a viable option and I've used it successfully many times. 

@Dane: Is the source audio AC3?  Is the sequence a long one?  Did you give the audio a chance to conform in Encore before trying to listen?  If you've given En several minutes to conform the audio, and you still can't hear it, then John's advice to skip Dynamic Link and instead export from Pr is a good workaround if you don't want to take the time to do any more troubleshooting.  Just be aware that you lose the flexibility of making changes in Pr and having them show up immediately in En if you decide not to use Dynamic Link.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Even though I bring in audio and video appropriate to DVD or Blu-Ray and am not using Dynamic Links, I too am having this problem.

Sound plays fine in all the other programs I use, including Premiere Pro, it often will not play in Encore. Once it stops playing audio, if I close and reopen Encore several times, eventually audio will begin playing through again, but often I give up after 6 to 10 reboots.

Anyone have any idea what might happening. It is nearly impossible to synchronize subtitles without the sound.

JP

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to \"JP\"

More details needed... Windows or Mac... Encore version... what kind of files and what are the details?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Sorry about that...

Encore version - CS6 [6.0.1.013]
    Mac Pro, Dual 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 28 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM
    OSx [10.8.5], ATI Radeon HD 5770 w/ 1024 MB.

I provide the video files types because you asked, but the audio in all these file plays flawlessly in the OS and every other program on the comuter that is supposed to play sound. Encore is the only program that has this mysterous "can't hear the audio" problem.

Also even in Encore I can play audio at some times,but not at other times. I make NO changes to Encore Preferences. All of the sudden we cannot hear the audio in files that Encore was playing just a moment before. Then suddenly without warning the sound is playing through the speakers again. This only happens when playing audio in Encore. If Encore is running and switch to a different program, such as Premiere Pro or Sound Booth, the sound plays flawlessly through that program.

Video files - 1 - 5 min (w/ subtitle track);  1 - 30 min (w/ subtitle track); 1 - 3 min

All encoded using unmodified "MPEG2 Blu-ray" AME preset invoked thru Premiere Pro and queued in AME (each video imported into Encore as one M2V and one wav file).

Menus created in Photoshop CS6 and previously used with success to produce a DVD.

Is that enough?

Thanks, JP

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2013 2:12 PM   in reply to \"JP\"

This is not normal behavior for Encore.

Have you used it before without this audio issue?

Create a new project. Import  3 or 5 minute m2v/wav pair "as timeline." Add nothing else. Check the progress tab to ensure that it shows no activity. (It won't always anyway.) No computer activity? Do you see the issue?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points