Skip navigation
TOSONA1959
Currently Being Moderated

Multiscreen Preview for iPhone Retina Does Not Match iPhone Retina Itself

Feb 6, 2013 7:42 PM

Tags: #iphone #preview #retina #multiscreen

I am testing a web site built for responsive design. I have posted the site to a test server. When I view the test version of the site on my iPhone 4S with Retina display I get an entirely different layout from Dreamweaver's Multiscreen preview. Multiscreen shows the website for a full size screen. I understand that the iPhone with Retina display has a high resolution, but I wrote a media query to take care of that very issue. The more perplexing question is why would the test site display an entirely different layout on the iPhone Retina itself from the way the Dreamweaver file looks in Multiscreen's iPhone Retina preview? The same files Dreamweaver is using for the Multiscreen preview are the ones the iPhone is pulling from the test server.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 12:37 AM   in reply to TOSONA1959

Hi

First, Dw's multi-screen does not simulate retina displays. Regarding your media-query; did you set the resolution value to match that required for a retina display?

Also do not forget that if you did set the resolution value for a apple retina display, then remember that the media-query will not match any other devices except the apple retina display at that size, unless you used the 'or' clause to also target other devices.

As for everything else you ask, forum members will have to see the site live in order to test on a apple retina device and help further, (and not everyone on the forum uses/has apple retina mobile devices, so be patient please).

PZ

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points