Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Vector path edit window won't open

Feb 6, 2013 8:20 PM

Hello,

A bit earlier today, I was able to select a vector path, click the options arrow, select Edit path... and get a dialog of options to choose (Ink percent, Spacing, etc.). Now I can do all those things still, but the dialog of path edit options does not appear.

Also, earlier today, I saved a set of path options I had chosen, but it never appeared among the paths available to choose. When I went through the process again and tried to save, I was asked if I wanted to overwrite what I saved earlier. So it did save earlier, but never showed up for me to choose.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 9:43 PM   in reply to PeytonT

Be careful of your terminology; I think you're talking about strokes and brush options, not vector paths.

The Edit Strokes panel (a.k.a. Advanced stroke options) is available from within the Properties panel in two locations. The most direct route is the Edit Stroke button, but this doesn't appear for all selections or tools—for example, you'll find it when either the Ellipse or Polygon tools are selected, but not when the Rectangle tool is selected. The other, indirect route is through the Stroke presets/categories menu, at the bottom of the menu, under Stroke Options. In the resulting panel, you'll see an "Advanced" button that leads to the same Edit Stokes panel.

Properties panel.png

Stroke presets.pngStroke Options.pngEdit Stroke aka Advanced options.png

Once you've saved a custom stroke, it should appear within the Stroke presets/categories menu in the Properties panel, assuming a vector tool (or vector object on the canvas) has been selected. (That said, I've never actually saved a custom stroke myself.) Try looking for it under whatever category the original stroke belonged to—e.g., Basic, Airbrush, Calligraphy, Charcoal, etc.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points