Skip navigation
starnitin
Currently Being Moderated

How to get .ai (Adobe illustrator) file properties???

Feb 6, 2013 8:34 PM

Hello to all,

I am using c# window application framework 3.5 .I am working on the graphics search engine . Now i want to get the .ai (Adobe illustrator)files properties  so please help me how to get .ai files properties?????

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 4:06 AM   in reply to starnitin

Standard API to access the OS level properties should work, if you are looking more than that, custom implementation or any third party library has to be used.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.fileinfo.aspx

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 12:59 AM   in reply to starnitin

Just open a .ai file in Textedit, you should be able to read alot of info there.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 1:51 AM   in reply to starnitin

Just open the Illustrator file in a text editor, if you are on a Mac you can use TextEdit. Than you can see the code of that file.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 4:06 AM   in reply to starnitin

Illustrator file is not just simple one image, that there will be a single image height, width and bit depth available. Illustrator file is made of two components, one is PDF and another is Illustrator private data called PGF. PDF spec is available to everyone while PGF has very limited documentation, but both of them are vector based format, it can contain paths, images, gradient, text etc. They can have multiple pages of varied sizes and each page can have multiple images. So there is no single image height, width or bit depth for the entire file in total.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points