Skip navigation
cflaten
Currently Being Moderated

Why doesn't the spry tabbed menu I inserted expand with the div it's contained within

Feb 6, 2013 9:33 PM

Tags: #cs3 #div #spry

Hi Everyone,

I'm making a website in Dreamweaver CS3, but I'm completely new to web design, HTML, etc. I've gotten myself pretty far along using forums and online tutorials, but I've hit a snag now. The left column of my webpage is a div (left column div), contained within a div (main content div) within another div (site wrapper). The site will vary in height depending on the day's content, so the webpage doesn't have a fixed height. If I type into the left column div, the div expands to accept whatever amount of text I input. But in this particular div I don't want text, I want a spry tabbed panels menu. I inserted the menu without any fuss, but when I populate the panels beyond the div the menu is contained within, the div fails to expand and the menu simply expands over the divs beneath it.

The site isn't hosted yet as I have no idea how long it'll be before I'm ready to go live and money's tight at the moment, so I can't provide a link to it. I can, however, provide screen shots, HTML, CSS etc., as may be required.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Chris

Windows 7

Dreamweaver CS3

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2013 11:18 PM   in reply to cflaten

In line 157 of SpryTabbedPanels.css change the value to auto as in

.TabbedPanelsContentVisible {

height: auto;

}

|