Can anyone tell me what is the best third party app to use with Flash as to create standalone applications.
So far I have looked at Zinc and SWFStudio. I realise that there is AIR too but I believe this application will only extend Flash to a degree.
What I need is to get as much control of the PC/MAC/Mobile device as possible. Also, I need to be able to communicate with other exe/app applications either on the local machine or across networks.
I think it would be better to list what I need it to do so:
1. Listen for actions within other exe/app applications on the same system/over a network
2. "Sniff" a directory and then list its contents
3. Control other exe/app on the same system/over a network
4. Save/Update XML files on the same system/over a network
5. Save and retireve data from a database on the same system/over a network
6. Play video files FLV, MPEG and as many other formats as possible
7. Be able to build for PC/MAC/Tablet?Mobile devices
I think thats a good list to start with.
Any help would be very much appreciated here.
Thanks in advance
Adobe AIR has native extensions (ANE) just for this. For any functionality the AIR framework doesn't have you can write plugins that extend the capabilities of AIR. Here's a list of extensions for example, some are Windows (most mobile though):
Here's an example of a Windows ANE written in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 C++ to tap into the .NET image processing:
Although I greatly prefer Zinc. I've used it in several projects and the library of extended functionality it comes with is pretty extensive, documentation and support are great. They update quite a bit as well.