Skip navigation
Ptkhdh29874
Currently Being Moderated

Colour differences when copying

Feb 7, 2013 9:04 AM

Tags: #cs5 #color #colour #upgrade #difference #vs #cs6

I work on a Mac and I just updated from Illustrator CS5 to Illustrator CS6 and I'm noticing a weird problem. I have a file that I created in CS5 that when I copy the artwork to a new file in CS6, the colours are totally different.

I have checked my preferences against those of a co-worker that still has CS5, and as far as I can tell, everything is the same!

I've attached a set of screenshots (below), using a file created in CS5 (bottom image), and what it looks like when it is copied into a new file (top image).

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? My client isn't going to be too pleased with my current results!

Thanks in advance!

Birchcliff-Energy.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to Ptkhdh29874

If you are using PMS colors and I bet you are the definitions have changed in CS6. Do a Google search.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

If it is a PMS issue, this page helps explain what happened (not why, just what):

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to Ptkhdh29874

Which Mac OS?

On Lion you would first need to find the Library folder. It is hidden by default

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to Ptkhdh29874

Try the HD>Applications>Adobe Illustrator CSX>Presets>en_US>Swatches>Color Books (at least that's where they are on my installation).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points