Skip navigation
MonsterMMORPG
Currently Being Moderated

How to export PSB file which is bigger than 30,000 pixels as PNG image

Feb 7, 2013 10:32 AM

Tags: #export #pixel #cs6 #psb #pgn #30000

Hello. I have a PSB file which is about 70,000 pixels wide. Height is much lower. I am not able to save it as PNG unless i made the width 30,000 pixel or below.

How can i save it as PNG file ?

Photoshop CS6 thank you

I have merged my game map files : http://www.monstermmorpg.com/ , http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Maps

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to MonsterMMORPG

You can't in Photoshop -- most other PNG implementations fail on larger images, so we haven't increased Photoshop's PNG format limit beyond 30k.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 11:17 AM   in reply to MonsterMMORPG

Photoshop has some old 15 bit limitations in some of the implementations of its formats, and I know it prompts you with messages of "Images greater than 30,000 pixels on a side may be incompatible...". 

Perhaps you've hit one of these limitations (I'm not sure about the PNG implementation, I haven't experimented with it specificially myself). 

I do know that Adobe is aware of these limitations and that we've reached a time where computers are now big enough to easily handle gigapixel+ sized images.

Edit:  Disregard - I see Chris has answered definitively in the time I took between reading your post and posting a response.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to MonsterMMORPG

Sorry, but we get more complaints when we export files that most other apps can't read.

And CS 6 does support JPEG files up to the limit of the format.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:22 PM   in reply to MonsterMMORPG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers