• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 backwards compatible with RH9?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running RH9, and my coworker is going to start using RH but has to purchase RH10, since RH9 is no longer for sale.  So I'm wondering if this means that I now have to upgrade to RH10, since we will be working on the same projects. I will need to be able to go back into projects he has worked on in RH10. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the project is upgraded, that's it. If you purchased RH9 through volume licensing, you can obtain more licenses for RH9 that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a backdoor way of doing it if none of the Rh10 features have been used but I would not recommend it on a regular basis. You would need to check things every time and it might be some time before you spot something. I suspect there would be tears eventually.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think it was just a single license purchase, as I am currently the only person in the company that knows how to use RH.  I had upgraded from RH7. We still have another RH7 license not in use, but we cannot upgrade from RH7 to RH10 unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoo-hoo - upgrades to RH10 all round!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp