Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS 6 repeatedly launching, conflict with Application Manager

Feb 7, 2013 2:58 PM

I am now getting multiple systems that will not open Photoshop CS 6.  As soon as PS starts to open, Application Manager starts and prevents PS from opening.  The two applications alternate for control with neither being able to open.  This problem is also occurring with Illustrator CS 6 and now has started in Photoshop. 

When the "fight" starts you have to do a forced shut down (power button for 10 seconds) in order to be able to login.  Then Uninstalling the application, either by the Uninstaller of PS or by using the ELA uninstaller created when the Install package is created.  Systems are Apple 10.8.2 with Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Created installer for Master Suite.

This has now appeared on six or seven systems of the approximatly 200 that got the install.  The applications ran normally with no problems for about two weeks bu now the problems are popping up for no appearent reason.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 10:46 AM   in reply to pyrdek

Do you get a crash log from Photoshop?  Or is it just the "who's in front" conflict you describe?

Have you installed the Photoshop updates?  You should be on 13.0.4 or 13.1.2.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to pyrdek

If you're on MacOS, you should be using Photoshop 13.0.4 or 13.1.2.

And AAM is up to 7.0.0.233.

You really need to install the updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to pyrdek

Again: are you crashing (getting a crash dialog and a crash report that we can use), or is it just the "who's in front" conflict that you described earlier?

You use the term "crash", but then the rest of your description sounds nothing like a crash.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 2:40 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Mine is doing the exact same thing (as above) and now it's happening to 2 different machines.

It's not crashing persay. The icon is just rebooting, . . . over and over and over for about 45 sec and then. . nothing.

Attached is the video showing what it does after you try to start any adobe application.

http://tinypic.com/r/wlq8ev/6

(use chrome to see video) flash thing

Everything is up to date.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to jpryes

OK, that is not crashing or rebooting (not even remotely - those words have specific meanings).

But something is wrong with licensing or AAM that is causing the apps to keep relaunching.

We'll need to get the licensing and AAM folks involved to figure out what is going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to pyrdek

>> To me a "crash" is when a program fails to open properly and requires a forced power off to recover the computer.

Crashes are a very specific set of circumstances, usually followed by a crash reporting dialog.

And most crashes do not require restarting the computer (unless the OS has crashed).

The AAM team will need to get logs from your system to see what is happening.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to pyrdek

Where are we with this? I can provide anything you need as I have a computer dedicated to finding a solution to this.

This is turning into abigger problem than it seemed. I now have 4 machines with this same issue.

Help Plz!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to pyrdek

We already forwarded this topic to the AAM team.  But I haven't heard anything from them.

AAM doesn't have it's own forum, but this is the forum for general install/setup/download issues (whihc should cover AAM): http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup?view=discussi ons

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 6:48 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

FYI.  Having similar problems as well.  Hopefully the AAM team will find an answer soon...

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 3:39 PM   in reply to pyrdek

We encountered the same issue at our workplace. As we are not too sure why it was doing, we were able to fix it regardless.

It required running the AdobeSerialization file through the terminal. When running AAMEE, we checked the option that asked if we wanted a seperate AdobeSerialization file, which gave us a .xml file and the command to run it on a seperate folder that says CS6_Serialization.

If you guys find it, I can help in trying to re-run it.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to pyrdek

Same issue here in a lab environment with over 100 installations.  Thankfully only some have developed this issue and most importantly chila101's recommendation of manually re-serializing did work.

If anyone from Adobe is checking this I'll gladly provide troubleshooting info for you if you let me know what would be useful.

Thanks again to chila101 and to jpryes for posting the video.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 12:48 PM   in reply to pyrdek

To be clear:

-Run AAMEE and select "Serialization File" on your admin machine.

-Transfer that folder to the machine with problems.

-Open terminal

-Drag the "AdobeSerialization" file (the file in the folder AAMEE created) in the terminal window and type --tool=VolumeSerialize

Ex:

/Users/YOURUSER/Desktop/AdobeSerializationFolder/AdobeSerialization --tool=VolumeSerialize

and hit enter.

This will re-serialize the Adobe Suite.

More infor found here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4645111

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers