Skip navigation
MissMoppett
Currently Being Moderated

PE9: YouTube "Error occur during the uploading"

Feb 7, 2013 1:36 PM

Tags: #youtube #uploading #to #errors #you #transferring #tube_problems

I have uploaded over 50 videos to YouTube using PE9 and previous versions, but now - after 4 attempts - I get the same well-worn error message: "Sorry an error occur (sic) during the uploading process. Please try again later".

I use the Share facility that I always do and I have not installed any new software. Hunting the Forums suggested disabling anti-virus software (in my case AVG) which I have done. It is always in the final stage "Transferring to YouTube". I have shot in XP+ from my Canon Legria HFS10.

The editing process to reduce to 10 minutes from 20 went without a hitch.

(Previous efforts can be seen if you're desperate by hunting for Basset Hound Walkers).

Any ideas most welcome. Should I convert to a different format? - though it has worked before. Are YouTube having problems?

Many thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 2:18 PM   in reply to MissMoppett

If you Share that Timeline to a file for YouTube, can you then manually upload that OK?

It appears that you are only working with a 10 min. Duration here. Is that correct?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to MissMoppett

Are you saying intsead of just uploading direct via Share I export to a file on my PC THEN (somehow) upload that direct to YouTube?

Yes. As a test, just Export the file (some suggestions for YouTube Presets here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2759311#2759311), and then sign into YouTube account, and upload from the computer. If that works fine, then there is likely a setting in the On-Line Share, that needs addressing.

Good luck, and please let us know how that test goes.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to MissMoppett

First, glad to hear that you were able to Export then upload. That is a first step, and a big one - the Project is out the door.

As to the failure of the On-Line upload (nice, when it works), I would pour over your settings for that function. My guess would be that something (probably just one setting), is not right.

It could be something that YouTube has changed, since you last used the function. They love to do that.

Going back about a year (maybe longer?), when they went to Google accounts, almost everyone was left out in the cold, until they got their accounts sorted. Similar happened, when YouTube introduced the "extended accounts," but programs, like PrE had been written for the 10 min. Duration (why I asked for clarification on the Duration), so the direct upload function in PrE would not allow for those extended accounts. YouTube always seems to be a "moving target."

Last, I am greatly honored! Thank you.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to MissMoppett

Sidenote: Hope that you had your Wellies on, for that walk! Thanks for sharing. Looks like the pups had fun, but not sure about some of the "walkers."

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to MissMoppett

I seem to remember that YouTube somehow do more processing as it gets played.

That is a new one to me. Had not heard that, but then I only have a few YouTube Videos, so am not the most experienced YouTube user around this forum.

Hope that others can confirm, or deny, that statement, and then I will learn something new too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 9:51 AM   in reply to MissMoppett

MissMoppett,

As per my Reply in your other YouTube post, Adobe has informed me that YouTube did make a change in their servers about the end of 2012, but stated that they had "fixed" things by about mid-Jan, 2013. Still, we had several users experiencing issues with direct PrE to YouTube uploads, in early Feb, 2013, so I do not know if YouTube was being optimistic with their dates for the fix, or maybe something else was going on.

I know that you were able to manually upload to YouTube, which is good, but if the direct uploads are still problematic for you, I would appreciate an update, and I will pass that info along to Adobe.

I added this Reply to this thread too, in hopes that you will see it in one, or the other - or both, and will update me, on how things are going now, at the end of Feb, 2013. This is the same request for an update, as appears in that other thread.

Thank you for that information, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to MissMoppett

MissMoppett,

Thank you for that info. Maybe YouTube HAS gotten things fixed on their server-side.

If you encounter any issues, please just send me a Private Message (PM), and I will update the Adobe folk.

Appreciated, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points