Skip navigation
hesta_man
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 Menu Problem

Feb 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Tags: #menus #dvd_menu #menu_markers #premiere_elements_11

I am having trouble creating a working menu for a set of education DVD's.  I want to include 3 lectures on each DVD.  I would like the user to insert the DVD and be presented with a list of lectures that they can then choose.

I have the following menu markers:

00;00;00;00 - Scene Marker (Lesson 1)

00;28;51;14 - Stop Marker

00;28;51;15 - Scene Marker (Lesson 2)

00;55;20;15 - Stop Marker

00;55;20;16 - Scene Marker (Lesson 3)

I create the menu and all looks well.  However, after the CD is published - the menus do not seem to work correctly.  After inserting the DVD into a DVD player, Lesson 2 will not play when you select it.  It seems to play for a fraction of a second and then goes back to the menu.  If I play the first lesson, I am able to get to the next lesson by advancing the chapter, but the menu does not work.  Am I doing something wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to hesta_man

Can you post a screen-cap of your Timeline, showing all of the Markers?

It might be good to also post a screen-cap of the Menu too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill, aren't you concerned that the scene markers are only one frame past each stop marker?

Isn't there a larger space between them required in order for the menu markers to work?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 5:10 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Now, the Chapter Markers are quite separate, and the Stop Markers are immediately before the Chapter Markers (next), so I am not sure that is the issue.

OTOH, I mainly use PrE's authoring functions to test for this forum, and do all of my authoring in Encore. Plus, even there, I seldom use Chapter Markers, as each Chapter/Scene is on a separate Timeline. So, I could well be missing a problem in PrE.

Am I correct that the Stop Marker (just before a Chapter Marker), will return the viewer to the Scene Selection Menu, and then the Scene Selection Button for the next Chapter, will start, immediately after that previous Stop Marker?

Still, I will always defer to your judgement, and especially regarding PrE's authoring functions - what I know, I learned from your books. [Got the PrE 11 one, while in San Francisco!]

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Isn't there a larger space between them required in order for the menu markers to work?

If that is the case here, then I would suggest adding, say 02 sec. of Black Video, in the spots between the Stop Markers and the next Chapter Markers. As the Stop Marker would take the viewer back to the Menu, and the next Scene Button would take them to the next Chapter Marker, the Black Video should never be seen - or am I missing something important here?

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points