Skip navigation
Mammon_2
Currently Being Moderated

Adjusting the pages of a spread

Feb 7, 2013 11:34 PM

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my poor english.

And now the question:

I'm a preprinter and I work in a copy service printing books. I must create every day the book covers for those books, and I have created some indt files with the usual pages sizes (dinA4, 13x21, 15x21 and 17x24). They have composed by 5 or 3 pages (with or without flaps), because I think is more useful than 1 only pages for all the cover.

The problem became when I change the spine widht: If it`s smaller than the indt original, it appears a gap between the spine and the front and rear covers, and if greater, it "mounts" over them, and I must realign the rest of pages, time and time again...

I wish to know if InDesign can make automatically this realignment of pages borders. Some clients come frecuently, and their covers have logos at spine, backgrounds of plain colors, etc... that the program can move and resize acordingly with the width of pages, but nothing of this is useful if pages "mounts" or have gaps between them.

I wait for your help. Thanks!

Jose

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2013 11:44 PM   in reply to Mammon_2

I suppose you have set up your document as single pages.

If you make your document setup with facing pages, it works fine.

Yes, it is good to do covers and such things not with a single page but with multiple pages in one spread. I do the same with Covers, "Wickelfalz"*, "Altarfalz" and so on.

* German, three pages or more side by side in one spread, folded so that the inner sides become 3mm smaller then the outer one.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points