Skip navigation
kelik1337
Currently Being Moderated

issue with audio/video sinc when importing an avi file

Feb 7, 2013 11:17 PM

noob with video editing software here, im trying to set up a lets play channel and have been experimenting with this software. i seem to have a hang of the basics but am having one issue.

when i import the avi clip of my webcam with me talking, the video is much faster than the audio, and near the end of the video, the picture freezes on the last frame while the audio continues to the end of the clip. note this does not happen when i play the avi clip with vlc media player.

please respond with any ideas, and i know i probably haven't supplied all the info you need so please ask for any specific info i am leaving out.

edit: figured out the issue. apparently premier just doesnt like avi's. luckily my recording software can record as WMV as well, and they seem to work fine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 5:30 AM   in reply to kelik1337

AVI is just a container and can contain many things, just like any 20' container. It may contains scrap metal, poisonous chemicals, clothing, computers, food, and other stuff. Adobe only likes certain contents in a container, it does not like poisonous chemicals for instance.

If you use AVI with the wrong codec inside, PR balks about that. WMV is another codec, not really suitable for editing.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:30 AM   in reply to kelik1337

Glad that you found a workflow for that Webcam footage.

It is not AVI (as Harm states), but what is inside the particular AVI files, that is the problem, i.e. the CODEC used. Many AVI's, such as the DV-AVI, will Import and edit perfectly. Others, like DivX, will not. This article goes into more detail on AV formats (containers, or wrappers): http://forums.adobe.com/thread/440037?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to kelik1337

>noob with video editing software

Start with the tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points