Skip navigation
pinkpixiechica
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 11 file saving proterties

Feb 8, 2013 5:31 AM

Tags: #help #files #elements #7 #saving #11 #win

I am currently using Photoshop Elements 11 trail version to decide if I like it enough to upgrade.
Yesterday, while saving my files - .jpg, .png, psd - etc - when I'd go to access the file to upload, it wouldn't recognize the file.
Then when I went back into PSE 11 to open the file, it wouldn't recognize the file format, no matter what

I have went ahead & uninstalled the program, then restarted my computer, reinstalled & it's doing the same thing.

If this is a known issue, I certainly have no desire to upgrade. I use PSE 8 previously with zero problems.

Please, if anyone can answer why this is happening, I'd really appreciate it.

As for PSE 11 - I do feel, aside from this file saving issue, Adobe got so many things right - I love how PSE 11 has been changed, it's much easier to use, but this file issue, I don't have time for it when my clients are expecting turn around times from me.

Thanks much!
Tori

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 6:09 AM   in reply to pinkpixiechica

Is the file recognized in your PSE8?  I have a feeling that you have got the file extension wrong but this is pure guess work from my side.  If it is recognized in PSE8 then it should also be recognized in PSE11.

Please post back for further diagnostics.  Also state what is the format of the file e.g. jpg, jpeg, png, gif etc etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

Specifically, are you using a period in the file name anywhere before the .jpg? That will cause the problem you are experiencing.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:07 AM   in reply to pinkpixiechica

All you need to do is to "put-your-name-here" as shown in the red box in this picture.  Don't put any period and extension because that might cause the problem.

http://tinyurl.com/aozqjjn

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to pinkpixiechica

pinkpixiechica wrote:

"Specifically, are you using a period in the file name anywhere before the .jpg?" No, saving as "name.jpg" - It doesn't matter what file extension I use either. None of them are saving appropriately.

What is the name of the file, as it appears in your operating system folder. What icon does it have?

Also, do any of the folder names involved where you save this photo have a period? (I don't know if that matters or not)

Can you show us a screen capture of your operating system folder which shows one of these files?

And lastly, what do you mean "it wouldn't recognize the file". What specific step in PSE are you trying that does not recognize the file, and why do you say it isn't recognized? What do you see that tells you it isn't recognized?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to pinkpixiechica

So when we asked if there was period in the file name, you said explicitly no, and yet there it is, a period in the file name. That is your problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to pinkpixiechica

Well that's a relief.

For what its worth, this is the 2nd time in my reading of the forum that someone specifically denied using period in the file name, only to find out there were indeed periods in the file name.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to dj_paige

dj_paige wrote:

Well that's a relief.

For what its worth, this is the 2nd time in my reading of the forum that someone specifically denied using period in the file name, only to find out there were indeed periods in the file name.

It is those glasses you are wearing that is helping you to see the dot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points