Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot download FlashPlayer for mac OS X 10.7.5

Feb 8, 2013 7:20 AM

I have a MacBook Pro. I have OS X 10.7.5. I cannot get FlashPlayer to download. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash Player 11 from the Adobe website. Doesn't work. Every time I try to download, I get an error message that says. I've spent hours with this and am very frustrated. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer on adobe website: blocked plug-in.I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

please tell me

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 7:25 AM   in reply to Evil66

sorry I can't help...experiencing same thing....same sytem as you.....just started getting this yesterday......if you find an answer please let me know...thanks.....sam

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to sam60521

Experiencing the same thing trying to install the new Flash player in 10.7.5  No help in any forum topic thus far. Adobe, are you out there?

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Feb 8, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to BKrist52

Are you receiving the "generic error" when installing Flash Player?  If possible, we'd like to get additional information from you.  Please run through the steps outlined in this post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5034805#5034805

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 12:49 PM   in reply to Evil66

If you are using FireFox to install Flash Player, please try installing from Safari and see how it work.

Hitomi

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2013 11:50 AM   in reply to Evil66

Same issue.  Get "blocked plugin" in Safari.  When you click it, it takes you to the adobe website to download flash, but when you try to dowload flash you get "blocked plugin" again.  Surprising that you would need a plugin to download a file.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Mar 4, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to tjb211

You shouldn't need any plugin to download.  Try going directly to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 6:44 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I have the same, once download and kicked off the installer times out, everytime.  Running 10.7.5, latest installer direct from the link above, safari, chrome, firefox.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2013 10:46 PM   in reply to Evil66

Evil66 wrote:

blocked plug-in.

Most likely an old plugin version is still residing on your Mac, and Safari is blocking it as potentially unsafe.

Perform a clean install, and you should be fine: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points