Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can i break apart for joined pages into two spreads?

Feb 8, 2013 7:26 AM

Hi folks,

Below is an image of the pages palette in my Indesign document. First you have pages 1 and 2, then you have the next four pages stuck together as a spread. I need to separate these four pages so that the first two pages are separated from the next two pages that are highlighted in blue. I want four spreads all together, not three.

I've been having a nightmare doing this so your help would be much appreciated.

pages palette.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to ossaioputa

Before we go furhter, you know that all of your pages are apparently using only the right hand side of the master page because this is not set up as a facing pages file?

The pages 3-6 spread is marked not to shuffle, as are the others. That's how you get two pages to stick together like that in a non-facing file. You can select the spread and allow shuffling for the spread or leave it as is, but uncheck Allow Document Pages to Shuffle in the Pages Panel menu. Now select the two page on the right hand end of that spread (hold the Shift key to select the second page), then click on them and drag to the rith until you see a vertical black line and release.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points