Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I get the Use SmartSound button to work?

Feb 8, 2013 9:50 AM

Tags: #premiere #elements_premiere_11

When I click on the Music Panel I see the Use SmartSound button at the bottom of the music options. The message I get when I click this button is: "You must first perform a one time installation of SmartSound to use this feature."

I clicked on this button and did all that I was supposed to do except double-click setup.exe. I found three setup files but not the setup.exe. The SmartSound is, however, on my hard drive but I'm unable to use it. When I click on the button in the Music Panel I keep getting the same message loop.

I have Adobe Premiere Elements installed on my fairly new computer with Windows 7 OS, 62 bit.

I would like to get this SmartSound working so that I can complete Lesson 9, Working With Sound, in Classroom in a Book. I've spent about three hours trying to install the program, following all the steps - but no success yet.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to Tommyvincent

Have you tried installing SmartSound from the Premiere Elements 11 installation disc?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to Tommyvincent

Did you download the zip, unpacked, go all the way to

SmartSound\DI_PRE\11.0\3rd_Party\External\SmartSound\KB_Article\SmartS ound.

and dubble click on the Setup.exe?

This is what you should see after installing:

use Smartsound.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to Tommyvincent

smartsound installatie.png

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to Tommyvincent

Tommy,

Great news!

I think that you will enjoy using SmartSound. If you have not experienced it, or seen this article, it might be helpful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4912568#4912568

Note: for newer versions of Premiere, disregard references to SmartSound QuickTracks plug-in, as that is only for older versions, and now, one has Sonicfire Pro ExpressTracks plug-in, which has several new features.

If you enjoy using the program, and their libraries, as much as I do, you might want to explore the Sonicfire Pro Scoring Edition, as the power that it provides with the SmartSound Multi-Track music discs is amazing.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to Tommyvincent

Tommyvincent wrote:

Everyting is now working. Perhaps I was not connected to the Internet when I tried before but I'm not sure of this. Anyway, I did not see the setup.exe; I did, however, see the setup with the same icon you circled. I clicked it and I got what I wanted. Thanks

Glad you are up and running.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points