Skip navigation
Mr. Bill Bradleyt
Currently Being Moderated

getting pics to organizer

Feb 8, 2013 12:55 PM

How do I get pics from my scanner to the Organizer?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to Mr. Bill Bradleyt

Mr. Bill Bradleyt wrote:

How do I get pics from my scanner to the Organizer?

It depends on your operating system.  As I understand it only in Windows you can scan and import the images or documents but I don't use Macs of any flavors so don't take my word on this.

To import images from scanners, I suggest read this official document:

<http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/elements-organizer/using/scanne rs-windows-only.html>

Hope this proves useful.

|
    Mark as:
  • fucanon
    64 posts
    Feb 20, 2012
    Feb 16, 2013 7:06 PM   in reply to Mr. Bill Bradleyt

Well, I use OS X Leopard. I don't know how to import photos from a scanner but recently I had a photo scanned to a disc. To import it  I opened the PSE 10 Organizer. To get the photo into Organizer, I inserted the disc. When the disc icon appeared on my screen I chose File>Duplicate in the Organizer. Then the photo appeared in my Organizer.  You have Read and Write privileges enabled so you can make edits. Don't worry about it because if not enabled the Mac will tell you don't access or something like that.  This is not a direct answer to your question, I know.  I will buy a flatbed scanner—if I know I can import photos—and I've been experimenting with importing photos to a Mac.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 16, 2013 7:11 PM   in reply to fucanon

In order to scan into PSE 10 and 11 you need to install the TWAIN plug-in. For PSE 10, that would involve going to Applications>Adobe Photoshop Elements 10>Support files>Optional Plug-ins>ImportModules and moving TWAIN.plugin over to Applications>Adobe Photoshop Elements 10>Support files>Plug-ins>ImportModules. In PSE 11, just move the whole ImportModules folder.

|
    Mark as:
  • fucanon
    64 posts
    Feb 20, 2012
    Feb 16, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

thanks. I'll try this with the flatbed scanner I'm going to get.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points