Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Entire System Audio mutes randomly while working in Premiere

Feb 8, 2013 1:05 PM

Hi everyone

Just recently switched over to Premiere Pro CS6 at my office. I'm an editor for a web video production company and so far I've been having quite a few problems with Premiere.

The biggest issue is that randomly, maybe 10 times a day, the audio for my entire system will drop out while editing in Premiere. At first I was resorting to doing full restarts of my computer and the problem would fix itself, but now I've discovered that if I go into "Activity Monitor," search for "coreaudiod" and then force restart that activity, the audio will reset itself for the system, but not Premiere. I still have to then restart premiere to get the audio working again in my project.

I've seen other people mention similar issues but I have yet to find a solution. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Here are my computer specs:

iMac

27-inch, Mid 2011

Processor  3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

v. 6.0.2

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 2:02 PM   in reply to Nagromici29

What medai are you playing when you experience this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 7:53 AM   in reply to Nagromici29

We are expriencing the same problem on one of our machines also.

Whenever we use Premiere Pro CC, system audio is muted and we have to go to "system prefrences", "sound" and toggle the "select a device for sound output:"

This is really a pain.

Mac Pro mid 2012. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 10:54 PM   in reply to chillzville101

Simply pausing and resuming play does not resolve this? I assume not, but worth asking in case you're hitting the issue discussed in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1241741?start=80&tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 6:12 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

Umm No... It actualy mutes system audio.   Other applications will not play unless you toggle the setings in system prerfrences.   Only happens with Premiere.  Premiere mutes all other applications.   It seems occurs as soon as you play a premiere sequence.

Thank you for your help on this form. 

Reaching you all by phone is horrible.

Was on hold for 1 hour and 30+ minutes..

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2014 6:27 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

After a little more testing what makes the audio resume is focus.  System audio resumes as long as Premiere has focus.  Once you switch focus to another application or close Premiere there is no longer any system audio until you toggle the settings in system prefrences.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points