Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 8 crashing system since upgrading to Windows 7

Feb 8, 2013 1:15 PM

Tags: #application_crashes #elements_8 #windows_7_64_bit

Is anyone else having this problem?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled them both, and nothing seems to work. It will allow me to open PSE 8, but as soon as I click on Edit, the entire system crashes and I get the dreaded Blue Screen of Death!  Help, please!

Janie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 5:30 PM   in reply to johnjaniem

johnjaniem wrote:

Is anyone else having this problem?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled them both, and nothing seems to work. It will allow me to open PSE 8, but as soon as I click on Edit, the entire system crashes and I get the dreaded Blue Screen of Death!  Help, please!

Janie

PSE 8 is not officially supported in Windows 7 or Windows 8.  You really need to get PSE11 to continue using Adobe product on Windows 7 or Windows 8.

People have managed to run old versions in Windows 7 and Windows 8 but they had to compromise on certain windows security features and I wouldn't advice you to do this on your system.

When you say upgrade to Windows 7 what exactly do you mean?  Are you still using your old machines that was running perfectly well on Windows XP and now you decided to upgrade your operating system on the same machine?  If so then it could be the hardware problem because Windows 7 requirements are quite demanding;  Minimum 4GB RAM to run it smoothly.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,805 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to johnjaniem

I have Windows 7 64 bit and PSE8 runs perfectly for me.

Try making a desktop icon for the exe program file.

Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Browse to Computer OS C:

And find the PSE Editor application in Program Files or Program Files (x86) on Windows 7 - 64 bit.

C: >> Program Files (x86) >> Adobe >> Photoshop Elements 8

Within the Photoshop Elements 8 folder find PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe (the application not the Adobe shortcut)

Select that file and click Next.

Then click Finish.

You should now be able to launch by right-clicking on the new desktop icon, bypassing the welcome screen.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points