Skip navigation
TSchmiesing
Currently Being Moderated

Text Style Manager

Feb 8, 2013 2:06 PM

Hi,

Can someone tell me where to look to manage text styles?   I am working on comps for a draft animatic.  There is a good possibility that the font and kerning will need to be adjusted after all the text is placed.  How do I do this without manualling going to each one and adjusting.

Thanks,

Travis

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 2:38 PM   in reply to TSchmiesing

Once a text layer is created, it maintains its own unique text attributes.  There may be a script that can change desired fonts and kerning, but I can't say for sure.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 3:07 PM   in reply to TSchmiesing

No way to save font styles in AE but you can create an animation preset you all the general settings are the same. There is no way to save individual character keening.

I would create my text layers in Photoshop and import the layered Photoshop file. Convert the layers to editable text for animation. Photoshop will let you save character styles.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to TSchmiesing

I hope the script does the job for you, but it appears that it does its modifications globally. 

So if you kerned each text layer differently, you're stuck... and when it comes down to it, wouldn't you really expect that you would be stuck?  I fear you seek a magic wand for text.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 1:13 PM   in reply to TSchmiesing

Honestly..??  I would have expected this feature to be added several releases ago. 

Most people tend to think so.... Well, one can always hope for CS7 or beyond...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 5:51 PM   in reply to Mylenium

I haven't seen this feature request submitted even once in the past year.

Here's where to submit feature requests:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 12:58 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Oh, please, Todd! People discuss "project-wide text changes" all the time. If that doesn't make anything click in Seattle, then indeed AE is a hopeless cause...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to Mylenium

I'm just telling you that in comparison to the other things that we get lots of feature requests for, this one is hardly requested at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Fair enough. I guess that's why we ended up with rubbish 3D extrusions in CS6, after all...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points