Skip navigation
AnnieGraphics
Currently Being Moderated

Font Resizing Isn't To Scale

Feb 8, 2013 5:05 PM

Hi,

I need help with the font size. Whenever I type in small font sizes in Elements, such as 8-9pt font and lower, it comes up as GIGANTIC when it shouldn't be. I've tried restarting the program and checked the scale of my image, but neither proved to be successful.

Any ideas on what this might be and/or how to fix it?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2013 5:20 PM   in reply to AnnieGraphics

AnnieGraphics wrote:

Hi,

I need help with the font size. Whenever I type in small font sizes in Elements, such as 8-9pt font and lower, it comes up as GIGANTIC when it shouldn't be. I've tried restarting the program and checked the scale of my image, but neither proved to be successful.

Any ideas on what this might be and/or how to fix it?

Thanks!

It could be that you need to zoom out your view or to select Actual pixels by going to:

View >> Actual Pixels  (or use your keyboard keys ctrl + !)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:31 PM   in reply to AnnieGraphics

Font size in PSE is directly related to the photo's resolution. The higher tbe ppi, the smaller the same sized text will look. Just type in a smaller size if the font is too large on your photo. It's much more common to have the opposite problem, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:00 PM   in reply to AnnieGraphics

Another thing you might try is resetting the type tool by right clicking on the white downturned arrow in the tool options bar and choosing Reset Tool.

Untitled-1.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points