Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Application Manager Stopped working

Feb 9, 2013 3:14 AM

Tags: #adobe #application #creative #manager #cloud #cloud-membership

I have had the same problem as in many discussions, in which there seems to be few solutions. My AAM stopped working no specific error, I followed the idea of uninstalling all my creative cloud apps and started again only to have the AAM do exactly the same thing once downloaded and installed , now I have a paid subscription and no apps. Now when i click on AAM exe download file I get , "we've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect problem." I have found this and will try to see if int gives any further information. It seems I have the AAM exe file somewhere but now cant find it.

My system is Windows XP SP3.I have used the Adobe cleaner.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2013 4:21 AM   in reply to malcolangelo

Download the latest version of AAM here and install it:

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to malcolangelo

The U44M1I216 error indicates that the update did not apply correctly.  Please see Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html for information on how to review the install logs for the update.  You should be able to determine the exact cause of failure by looking within the log files.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 4:57 PM   in reply to malcolangelo

The DW063 error indicates that you have a file permission issue with the indicated directories.  I would recommend going to a parent directory adjusting the file permissions and applying the permission change to all child objects.  You can find details on how to adjust your file permissions at Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to malcolangelo

The log files are appended so you would want to search from the bottom of the document up to find the updated logs.

You may also want to try creating a new local administrator account and see if the file permissions are compromised under the new account.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 8:13 AM   in reply to malcolangelo

Malcolangelo if you are facing problems adjusting your file permissions then please contact our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points