Skip navigation
Rethon
Currently Being Moderated

turkish WinRAR extracting Photoshop?

Feb 9, 2013 6:43 AM

Tags: #photoshop #filters #turkish #winrar #.8bf

I'll try to explain it as clear and concise as I can...

At work, I am having trouble with Adobe Photoshop CS3... (I'll refer to the PC in question as "My PC")

My C-drive generally has about 1 or 1,5gigabytes of free memory

Photoshop CS3 is installed on my E-drive

Recently, I've encountered a problem when I tried to start-up Photoshop, the same way I always do; I doubleclick the icon on my desktop, when all of a sudden some program popped up with a strange language, that had a bar with green and grey in it. After taking a screenshot and clicking the button that appeared to be the Cancel button I restarted my PC and tried again, this time it just started up.

I then tried to find the location where this program was extracting to, but I couldn't find the folder it referred to.

I just copied the text into Google Translate and found it that it was turkish, and at many places to find an answer as to what this was, what it was doing and why it was doing it, but so far, I've not gotten a single answer, and I am quite concerned, since it's filling up my C-drive quickly, and I only have 182mb left by now.

This problem has even cost me an entire day worth of work already, and I am seriously getting frustrated right now, so I hope anyone in here might know what I'm talking about, I've added in a screenshot of the program that started up instead of the Adobe Photoshop CS3 which was supposed to start up.

I'd like to note 2 things;

1. The location on the drive to where it's extracting can't be found.

2. The photoshop icon in the top-left of the program.

PIC1858.tmp.jpg

so, if anybody has any idea what is going on and how to solve it, please help, because I'm at a loss right now, and it's endangering my work

yours truly

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to Rethon

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Feb 9, 2013 1:55 PM   in reply to Rethon

The first thing to do is right click on the icon you use to launch PS and click on properties. Look at the target is it Photoshop. You will not be able to find that folder your looking for unless you change Windows Folder options View Tab to show hidden files and folders.  For the one your looking for has a hidden attributes. The files being extracted seem to be Photoshop plug-ins and require Photoshop to be restarted.

RarSFX5 seems to be malware and from what I see it might have replaced your Photoshop Filters.

Do a google search on RarSFX5

psocon.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Feb 10, 2013 5:50 AM   in reply to Rethon

See what file are new on you C: drive. Search on file which have dates the are just a few day old.  Photoshop creates large temp files if Photoshop was not shut down properly it is possible the old temp file are still on your disk. Also Run a virus check.  I would still be worried about you other screen capture with the window has a PS icon but WinRAR  title and content.  Its alarming for it looks like WinRAR was extracting Photoshop's normal filters from a RAR archive. Its Alarming for when I did a google search on folder name malware was indicated RarSFX5

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Feb 10, 2013 8:05 AM   in reply to Rethon

Rethon wrote:

how can I search the C-drive in that manner? I mean, I have barely learned how to search by specific names?

Where are the Photoshop Temp files located? and what is the best way to delete them?

and how can I remove the temp-files from previous photoshop shutdowns?

Open the file explorer use the organize pull-down and click on Folder and Search options. In the Folder Option window use the View tab and un-check any checked hide boxes and under hidden turn on show hidden files, folders and drive then click OK. Now back in File explorer point to c: Then in the upper right corner click on the search magnifying glass add a filter for a date range and the press the enter key.  Sort the result by size and delete any large temp files found.

Do an other search type something like *RarSFX5* in the search field amd press enter.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2013 10:56 PM   in reply to Rethon

The Turkish winrar tells me you have some sort of malware problem which has to be taken care of first.

The best website for cleaning up this problem is: www.bleepingcomputer.com  By registering, you can post your problem and a volunteer will stay with you and help you properly clean your system. The guidance and removal tools bleepingcomputer provides are totally free of charge.

They have worked well for me and I'd highly recommend them.

Gene

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points