Skip navigation
Pphysaris
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge sc6 MAC- ERROR! operation could not be completed-lock up

Feb 9, 2013 8:06 AM

When I attempt to use Bridge 6  from PS6, I get the ERROR! Operation Could not BE completed, and bridge starts Building Critera and hangs. Can only quit usung a forced quit. I un-installed and re-installed PS, did not help. ANy ideas,

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2013 8:27 AM   in reply to Pphysaris

Reset your preferences in Bridge.  Hold down option key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 4 options.

Has Bridge worked before?  Can you open it from the Bridge icon?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to Pphysaris

Always cautious of the phrase "I tried that but it did not work".  Some use that phrase because they did not get the reset window. 

Also, what about "It does not work from the Icon" mean?  Nothing happens, get error message, locks up computer?

But before you go there check to make sure you have latest upgrades to Bridge and PS.  THere have been several in last month.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Pphysaris

There are some previous posts on "building criteria" that seems to never stop.  Did not see any smoking gun.   

You might bring up the crash report and see it any of the info means anything.  No one on this forum is an expert at intrepreting them either.  Best clues I have is to look and see if you see "crashed thread" or a lot of entires on a specific topic like a font or plugin.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 9:47 AM   in reply to Pphysaris

If you do another uninstall I would suggest you run the Adobe Script Cleaner before reinstalling.  THis is catch any uninstalled pieces.  Don"t know what your setup is but if you have a small SSD try not to split up the install.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to Pphysaris

Script Cleaner http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Read and follow instructions.  Believe there are different levels of cleaning.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points