I need to crop some pixels out of a 1920x1080 video.
1. How do you crop in CS6?
2. Will the cropped video rescale/stretech to fit a 1920x1080 frame, technically resulting in some quality loss?
1. Any idea of roughly how many pixels you could scale it up to without any noticeable quality degredation?
2. Are there any filters or tricks to make scaled footage look better after being scaled?
You can test easily this your self.
Instant HD plugin may have a better scaling algorithm than Premiere...and I beleive AEFX does a better job also due to sub pixel algoritms.
Generally up to 5% scaling should not be too noticable.
Another trick..edit in a lesser resolution eg Edit HD 1080p in 720p sequence and scale to your hearts content..
"Another trick..edit in a lesser resolution eg Edit HD 1080p in 720p sequence and scale to your hearts content"
1. Not sure I understand how this will help. You mean to setup a new sequence at 720p and bring the 1080p footage into it and scale it there?
2. What do you do with it afterwards? Bring it back into the 1080p sequence?