Skip navigation
Billysax007
Currently Being Moderated

Will not load still pics or audio

Feb 9, 2013 2:31 PM

Tags: #photos #9 #audio #elements #down #still #shut

I have recently experienced big problems with my Elements 9 program after I have loaded into a new HP PC.  When I am editing my project it will not let me import pics or audio as I use to do in my old laptop.  I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7.  Would that account for it by itself?  Also, the editing is very slow, and in fact my program actually shuts down several times during the editing process.  Once my computer said that all processing power was being used (I have a quad computer with 3.6 ghz speed...I bought it sepcifically after getting advice from this forum).  I am very disappointed.  Do I need to upgrade?  Should I take the two projects I have loaded in the program out and then reload?  I can't make videos until I do something.  Help!!!  Bill

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to Billysax007

I'm concerned that you can't import audio or photos. That would indicate some serious issues at your end, and not something we can likely help you with here on the forum.

That is assuming that by audio you mean WAV files and that by photos you mean photo that have been resized to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.

Other than that, Premiere Elements 9 works great on Windows 7. I had no problem running it on my Windows 7 machine.

Although version 10 runs even better and version 11 runs better than any version of the program, especially with AVCHD footage.

You say the program runs slowly during the editng process. What type of media files are you editing? (I assume you're not working with photos or audio files, since you say can't load them into a project.)

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Did you use Premiere Elements' Get Media tools to get the video from your camcorder to your computer?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, what project settings did you select? If you selected the correct project settings for your video you will NOT see red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that the case in your project?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 3:35 PM   in reply to Billysax007

I am with Steve, on the inability to Import Stills and Audio files. There is something very wrong.

Do you get any error messages?

Just to be clear, would you give us the format of those problem Stills, and also the problem Audio files?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 5:58 AM   in reply to Billysax007

As I indicated in my first post, photos directly from cameras are way too large for use in a Premiere Elements project. For high-def video, your photos should be not be larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size.

Music from iTunes can usually not be loaded into a video program in its native format because it is copy protected, and trying to do so will throw up an error code. iTunes has relaxed these protections a bit, but it's still very common for this to happen. The solution is to output the song(s) as CD and then rip them back into the computer as an MP3. This will override the copy protection. (An alternative is to use Amazon.com as your music source, since they use almost no copy protection on their music.)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to Billysax007

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 5:23 AM   in reply to Billysax007

It's pretty simple.

If you want to use a photo in a high-def project, you need to use Photoshop Elements or Photoshop to size it down to 2000x1500 pixels (at 72 ppi).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points