Skip navigation
Mophat_99
Currently Being Moderated

I installed CS5 on my mac OSX 10.8 and bridge and acrobat will not open.

Feb 9, 2013 2:56 PM

Tags: #cs5 #on #acrobat #bridge #osx #user #crash #10.8 #specific

When I go to open Bridge or Acrobat is says "The operation could not be completed. An unknown operating system error has occurred". When I am working in Indesign and highlight text it crashes. When I write in AI once I put in the 8 text character it crashes.

However when I log in as a guest the application and programs seem to function correctly.

I know this is user specifice to my user account on my computer but now sure why it is acting like this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing seems to work.

Does any one know how to fix this issue?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to Mophat_99

Moving this discussion to the Bridge General Discussion forum.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 1:12 PM   in reply to Mophat_99

Can you provide more details?

What is the exact 10.8 version you use and what are the exact version numbers for Bridge and Acrobat? in other words, do you have all the latest updates? Do you have a suite that also includes PS?

And when you can use it in another account this probably means a wrong install or a permission problem. First run Apple Disk Utility with a check and repair permissions, if this does not help and you have al latest updates (can't check myself, only run CS6 at the moment) you might consider a proper uninstall using the oficial uninstaller and the Adobe Cleaner Tool (but be sure to have custom settings and tools etc backed up before you proceed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points