Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Elements 8 - Cropping Dimensions Change After Sharing/Exporting

Feb 10, 2013 3:46 AM

Tags: #adobe #export #crop #share #premiere_elements_8

My video is a complete, but when I try to share or export it for playback on my PC, the crop dimenisons are wrong. In the preview window, it looks perfectly fine, but when I share/export it, the crops are incorrect.

For this part of my video, I have two video games displayed on splitscreen, in the preview window both videos completely fill up the screen, and there are no black lines in the center or around the edges. However, if I share/export the video, the final result looks like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/Xebarsis/Comparison.jpg

This happens to EVERY crop effect I have used on my video, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've tried sharing/exporting it as different types of formats, and strangely enough the only file format that actually did the cropping effect correctly on the final product was .avi, but the resolution and quality are dreadful.

Any help on how to make the cropping in my preview window look the same as the shared/exported video is appreciated! 

Here are my Project Settings:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/Xebarsis/Specs.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2013 5:54 AM   in reply to Xebarsis

It sounds like your source  video is screen capture software, like FRAPS, which has some unique challenges.

If you open a clip of your source video in G Spot or MediaInfo, what codec, frame rate and resolution are listed?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to Xebarsis

Wow. I'm not sure what to even tell you.

Xvid almost never edits well in Premiere Elements. The video is 60p square pixel and your project is set up for 30 fps drop-frame anamorphic pixel.

My reaction is to say you're just not going to be able to get good results editing that video in this program. But you apparently have to some extent.

So I can't be of much use to you. Maybe someone with experience editing that type of video will have some suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 12, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to Xebarsis

Put the screencaps in a project setting with square pixels instead of non square pixels, see it that will help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points