I have a problem with the Flash IDE which I've been trying to solve for weeks and nothing works. I've tried disabling plug-ins, re-installing... nothing helped.
Every time a try to move an object on the scene in the IDE it duplicates the object instead of moving it. When I click on an object and start dragging it I see a "+" icon next to the arrow instead of the "move" icon.
Any help will be really appreciated!
Try holding down the Command or whatever the mac equivalent is to Alt key while you drag. Maybe for some reason your mac gets confused when in Flash, and holding it down when it is supposed to be up will fix it. Also, you can move things with the arrow keys (use Command Arrow to get a "super nudge" that defaults to 10 px).
I also find that the alignment tools and the properties panel (just type in the coordinates where you want the object to be) work well for positioning things. I rarely drag things anyway, because more often than not it winds up being dropped on a partial pixel. This will make text fuzzy.
Thank you so much for posting the solution to your problem. I just upgraded to Lion a few days ago and started experiencing the same exact issue you described in your original post. (Alt/Option key seems like it's stuck / Duplicating objects on stage just by clicking and moving the object.) My main problem was not being able to curve a straight line with the Arrow tool. Instead it would create a corner point as if the Alt/Option key was being held. After a couple of hours crazy Google searching I finally found your thread!
I did not have AirParrot installed, but after finding out what kind of program AirParrot was, I realized I had a similar program called AirDisplay installed. (I also found out that AirDisplay and Lion do not play well together!) So I immediately removed AirDisplay and BAM, my Flash Professional started working again!
Thanks again for posting your solution. You have saved me lots of time and frustration!!
I tried to be thorough in my post just incase someone else is using the same keywords trying to find a solution to this problem.