Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Huge project file in Premiere CS6

Feb 10, 2013 11:48 AM

Hello,

The project weight is almost 2 GB.

Is taking hours open my project file.

I have to send a edit by tomorrow but right now I don't know if I will be able to open my project to start editing.

I have read in your forums this is a common bug but nobody say how can be solved, I already lost all day waiting and I can't be waiting all night to start the editing at early morning, this is totally insane.

I'm editing in a Macbook Pro Retina with 16 GB of RAM.

I edited a lot in this computer with this software version ( CS6 ) and never got this problem.

In this project are sequences with Magic Bullet effects and Warp Stabilizer but this can't be an excuse, must be a solution for this because I already lost 8 hours looking to my screen.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2013 12:24 PM   in reply to 2ergi0

Warp Stabilizer has to put every tiny little change it makes into the project file. It is almost certainly the reason your file has grown to enormous size.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to 2ergi0

I think MBLooks is the culprit, its very cpu intensive as it is not supported by the gpu

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to 2ergi0

Export each clip with warp stabilizer as a lossless intermediate file.  Replace the warp stabilized-clip with the intermediate clip.  Your export should go a lot faster.  Do the same thing for the MB Looks clips.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to 2ergi0

2ergi0,

You need to 'bake' your Warp Stabilized shots as explained above by Jeff. Any lag in saving the project file, the size of the project file and the export time is directly related to that. It is recommended only to stabilize footage in the last stages of your edit to ensure a faster workflow.

Cheers

Ari

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 8:12 PM   in reply to arikucharVIDEO

Hi everybody,

I had the same problem of 2ergi0 with a Project file that arrives at 7,59Gb!

I didn't use warp stabilizer.

I had colorista II and LUT Buddy.

Once I deleted all the filters (even if they were all off) my project became 3,9Mb! (MEGA not GIGA).

Add a new colorista filter will increase the file size to 4,1 Mb.

With a new LUT Buddy the flie project became 37 Mb.

Bye

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points