Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Metadata security

Feb 10, 2013 12:55 PM

Tags: #bridge #metadata #management

Is there a way to prevent editing of metadata? If not, this would be a great feature to have, similar to security settings on PDF files.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to labrey

Only if you keep the documents to yourself and nobody else has access to them.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to labrey

Believe there is option in save for web (PS) to strip out metadata.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 1:10 AM   in reply to labrey

The nearest you will get is to add a qr code with your details to each picture.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to labrey

I would want to retain all my metadata and prevent it from being edited or stripped, while still being able to view it.

You can lock a file in Bridge (right mouse click menu in Bridge content panel) to prevent writing to it but like Paul stated, this only helps you to prevent changing accidentally metadata. Whenever a file is out everyone can unlock this file or you only have to open it in PS, use select all, copy, create new file and use paste to end up with an exact copy of the image data yet all metadata has been stripped…

I seem to recall that in the early days was a company in France that offered some digital copyright in the file itself that would secure the rights abuse but that was long ago and proofed not to be safe at all.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points