Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem after migrating to new Mac

Feb 10, 2013 1:59 PM

Tags: #can't #reinstall #uninstaller #migration

Hi, I changed my Mac from an iBook to a new Mac Mini running 10.8.2

I had Dreamweaver installed from the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium. Version 9.0 Build 3481

Dreamweaver was working fine before I migrated all my files on old Mac to the new one.

Now when I launch DW I get a window with a question mark & another saying what version & build I have.

When I "Get Info' on DW3 in my applications folder size is 298,696,470 bytes (302.4 MB on disk) for 249 items in case that helps.

I thought to re-install DW from my instal disc.

Dragged old version to trash, then read the readme in the installer & put it back in Applications.

I tried to use the un-installer as directed but when I enter my password in "Set up"it says "Required resources are missing."

I thought to try to intall over the old version but when I start to install I get the same "Required resources are missing." message.

(Photoshop from the same suite is working fine, also Adobe Acrobat.

I'd also like to try Fireworks now I have an Intel Mac.)

How to proceed to get going again with DW?

plmk?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2013 2:12 PM   in reply to tridosha

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 2:29 PM   in reply to tridosha

Sounds like a bad or incomplete installation to begin with.  Back up important files and run the cleaner.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2013 11:13 PM   in reply to tridosha

Hi tridosha,

Can you see if the solutions in this doc help you? http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html

The doc is chat enabled, and if you don't find the answer, the person on chat should be able to help you. Ensure that you have any or all information related to your purchase ready.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points