Skip navigation
Wilderness08
Currently Being Moderated

Can you capture 1 video and author another at the same time?

Feb 10, 2013 4:01 PM

To save time with videos that are not critical, can you capture one video to Premiere Pro at the same time you are authoring to Encore a previously captured video?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to Wilderness08

Try it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 5:30 PM   in reply to Wilderness08

I now use an SD card camera, where video is copied over a USB link... but I **think** capturing from a tape camera via Firewire requires that PPro have program focus

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 5:42 PM   in reply to Wilderness08

I will, but was wondering if it drains computer resources to the point that either application crashes. I was hoping someone who has tried this could provide some feedback.

It s unlikely that someone with exactly the same computer and set up as you...has ever tried it.

You are the guinea pig.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 4:28 PM   in reply to John T Smith

... but I **think** capturing from a tape camera via Firewire requires that PPro have program focus

This is no longer the case. It has been possible to capture via firewire using Premiere Pro in the background since version CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 4:35 PM   in reply to Wilderness08

Wilderness08 wrote:

To save time with videos that are not critical, can you capture one video to Premiere Pro at the same time you are authoring to Encore a previously captured video?

The short answer is yes.

I have just done that and I am happy to report that it worked like a charm.

I captured from a DVCAM tape via firewire using PPro CS6 while authoring a Blu-ray disk in Encore CS6.

No frames were lost during capture and my test blu-ray project was completed without a hitch.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points