Installed RH 10.

Call the Help from Menu.

Shows Help for RH 8

Solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carry on using Rh8?

It should have defaulted to the correct help but obviously has not. You should see a yellow post it type box bottom right allowing you to access the help for other versions.

If not, post back and use the camera icon that you will see to show us exactly what you do get.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to see reply, and hence reply to it, on Adobe site!, so replying by email.

I don’t have RH8 installed, only RH10! Installed RH10 from setup.exe.

No yellow post it….This is what I get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Rh8 suggestion was not meant to be taken seriously.

When you get an email from the forum, there is a link to the discussion. Images can only be posted via the web, not by email.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8 joke accepted 🙂

Screenshot. Spoke to Adobe who had remote control of PC...couldnt resolve, even after playing with register. Suggested I uninstall and reinstall, but as I am in the middle of project, dont want to do. Have RH 10 help as pdf, but odd and poor that RH 10 calls RH8 help.

RH8_Help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pinged someone seeking advice on this one.

I am assuming you had an internet connection at the time, your installation is in Program Files on your C drive and so on. Nothing special about your environment.

What I thought was happening was something we have seen before where the help presented is in the right format, webhelp, but for the wrong version. Here though you are getting CHM help.

I understand your concern about reinstalling and it is your call. However, I can say I have never found it a problem. Your settings will be kept and your project is not touched by the process.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks

Nothing special Windows 7 Enterprise

Installed in C:\Program Files (x86)

Maybe I'll give the reinstall a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but wait a little while to see if my pigeon comes back with a message.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please add a screenshot showing exactly where you are calling the help?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprisingly from the Help menu 🙂

Help menu.jpg

BTW: If i hit F1, RH says not responding for few moments and then returns to normal, but no help pops. I assume RH uses F1 call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just needed to be 100% sure, not 99%.

Yes Rh does support F1.

This is being looked into so please just persist with PDF for now.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David.

Please open Adobe Help Manager and under 'General Settings', set "Display Local Help content only" to "No".

Adobe Help manager.jpg

This should take you to RH 10 help.

Thanks and regards,

Piyush Bhatnagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot see Adobe Help Manager on your machine, it can be installed from here.

http://www.adobe.com/support/chc/

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already set on NO

Also in Download Preferences....

RH 10 is selected and so is Using RH HTML 10....14.6 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

May you please send your contact details to pibhatna@adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

I had Adobe remote connect to my PC.....changed register keys.....same problem.

A reinstall was advised. Still haven't done this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting it to Yes and opening help, then set it to No and reopen help.

If that fails, do contact Piyush.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that - no difference

Just finished reinstall...no change...RH 10 calling RH 8 chm file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Email Piyush with contact details.

Do post back when resolved.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the above suggestion of setting General Settings' > "Display Local Help content only" to "No" in Adobe Help Manager does not work then do the following:

1. Go to 'C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming'

2. Move the 'chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1' folder to Desktop.

3. Launch RoboHelp 10 and try to access the Help file.

This should lauch the correct help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem, and with the help of Adobe Support (who have even logged onto my computer remotely to try to resolve this), have tried the following without success:

• Numerous attempts to have the Adobe Help Manager update the 'Using Robohelp HTML 10' content.
  • Uninstalling RH8.
  • Uninstalling RH8 and RH10, reinstalling RH10.
  • Uninstalling everything, deleting all the associated folders, reinstalling RH10.
  • Uninstalling everything, deleting all the associated folders, deleting all the associated registry keys, reinstalling RH10.
  • Renaming/deleting the 'chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1' folder. Interesting to note about this; upon pressing F1, the RH10 help opens correctly the first time, after which the help for RH8 opens from then on.

What I've also discovered is that upon a fresh install of RH10 on a virtual machine (for testing), the default CHM help file installed in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\en_us' is the help for Robohelp 8! Why is RH10 bundled with RH8's help file? ...um, can't all this be resolved by Adobe supplying the correct help file to begin with?

Adobe Support are calling me again today. I'll post a solution if we find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had similar problem which was never resolved 100%. Had adobe connect to my PC and went through registry keys, uninstall, install, renaming....

As far as I can gather:

There is no RH10 .chm file, so doesnt matter what you do, it will never appear.

Gave up using F1 as it calls RH8 help. (why it's bundled with RH10 is anyones guess).

I use the RH10 help PDF version and/or the web version.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I'd use the web version too (which an Adobe Tech explained was in fact the PDF version as viewed through your browser), except that I can only ever access it once.

When I got to work this morning there was a message from the Tech who's been helping me. Apparently they've discovered the same problem I'm having on all their test machines, so they've escalated the inquiry.

Here's a cheeky workaround:

1. Go to the adobe online help here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/index.html
  2. Locate and right-click the View Help PDF link at top-right of the web page.
  3. From the right-click content menu that appears, select Save Link As, and when prompted, save the help PDF to a location on your computer.
  4. Start Robohelp 10 and create a new project (I called mine RH10 Help CHM).
  5. With the new project open, select File > Import > PDF Document.
  6. When prompted, locate and select the PDF you saved in Step 3. The Import PDF Wizard appears.
  7. Within the wizard, select:
    • Create New Topic for Each PDF Page
    • Convert as HTML
    • Select an image format of choice
  8. Click the Finish button to commence the import and conversion. This may take some time.
  9. Create a TOC and Index by using the associated wizards.
  10. Export the whole project as Microsoft HTML Help.
  11. In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\en_us
  12. Locate and rename the Robohtml.chm file (best to keep the original). I called mine Robohtml_OLD.chm
  13. Locate the CHM you created (...\!SSL!\Microsoft_HTML_Help) and rename it Robohtml.chm, and then dump it in the folder from Step 11.

Now, within Robohelp 10 you will have a functional CHM file for Robohelp 10. Granted the F1 connectivity won't work, but the TOC and Index does - just call the help from within RH by selecting Help > Contents & Index.

Hey Adobe... when would you like me to start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got the PDF version from Adobe Help application, in Start > All Programs.

You should be able to download it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to this thread I now have the robohelp_10-help.pdf opening when I click Help > Contents & Index.

I had to first download the Help by opening Adobe Help Manager and selecting the download option on the General Settings page (with Display Local Help Content only set to No).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp