Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 capable of true 3D?

Feb 11, 2013 7:49 AM

Tags: #3d #encore_cs6

Hi,

Admittedly, I have no experience with 3D video and limited experience using Encore to create a DVD.

I've been asked to create a double sided DVD to accompany a book, each side of the DVD will have a different 3D option:

(side1) -- 3D option will utilize the red/blue video format that will require the paper glasses (which we will provide with the book). This option will not require the use of any special player to run the viewing software.

(side 2) -- Second 3D format will be a full-color, higher-quality video that will require the user to have a 3D laptop / computer screen or television, or for them to purchase a pair of special prism glasses for about $18.

Supposedly, the book author is supplying the properly edited 3D video and I'd only have to author it in Encore to create the DVD. Before I spend extensive time investigating HOW to do this, I wanted to inquire with this user forum to see IF it's even possible to do this with Encore. I've read conflicting reports as to Encore's 3D capabilities that lead me to belive that (side 2) mentioned above is not possible using Encore. Is that correct?

If it is possible, can someone provide tips on where I'd begin with this project??

I have the full CS6 Master Collection (with beginner knowledge of Premiere and no real knowledge of After Effects)

Thanks in advance

-Karen

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points