Skip navigation
1977richard
Currently Being Moderated

how can i made changes in a site at that way that other sites do not change automatically

Feb 11, 2013 11:32 AM

when i change a site (index.html), all the other (sub)sites change also with the same settings. how can i made changes in, for example index.html so that other (sub)sites do not change?

i see that the file extension is .css when i make an new site. then i save the site to index.html and the other sites changes also when i made changes in index.html (i mean the settings)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 11:38 AM   in reply to 1977richard

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but it sounds like you are making changes to a cascading stylesheet (a .css file) that is shared by several pages on your site, but ony want to make the change to the style on the home page.

You can do this by adding inline css to the home page elements you want to be styled differently from the rest of your site.

An example of an inline css definition would be something like this...

<div id="content" style="background-color:blue;">

In the above example, the div would be styled using whatever you have written for the #content id in your css. It would also then overwrite any background-color declared in the external .css file with the style attribute to make the background blue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 11:39 AM   in reply to 1977richard

I'm not sure I understand this question but I'll attempt to answer you anyway.

When you change styles in your CSS code, those styles cascade down to other site pages.  That's how site wide style sheets are supposed to work. 

If you want to create a unique style, define a CSS .class for it. 

.special_page_1_style {

font-size 46px;

color:red;

}

HTML:

<h1 class="special_page_1_style">Special style applied here</h1>

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 12:08 PM   in reply to 1977richard

You would do it as Nancy shows if you aren't comfortable with adding it by hand.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points