Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I convert a Visual Sudio 2010 website to Dreamweaver CS5.5

Feb 11, 2013 11:48 AM

Hi,

I just inherited a website to update, but it was developed in Visual Studio 2010. They want me to make updates to it, change it to standard html and css, but I only have Dreamweaver CS5.5.

I can see the code, but it does not show the website in design view. It shows perfectly live, but it's kind of hard to go back and forth to make sure I made the right edits. Many of the files have.aspx and I think I need .html

I do not want to buy any other software, so can this be done, hopefully easily?? A nice conversion tool would be awesome!!

I luv Dreamweaver and really do not want to change.

Thanks for any help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 12:12 PM   in reply to debdye

Asp.net is a dynamic Microsoft programming language that is not readily supported by Dreamweaver.   If you want to convert this site to static HTML pages, you will need to rebuild it without server-side programming.  This will no doubt remove functionality that the site has currently.  Ask the client if they really want you to do this. 

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jim Carpenter
    546 posts
    Apr 6, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

If you want to develop aspx, you can use Microsoft Expressions web. It is native in that software. Very similar, but the tools are Microsoft and varies from Adobe, yet still easy to learn.

Jim

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 11, 2013 3:38 PM   in reply to debdye

debdye wrote:

Hi,

They want me to make updates to it, change it to standard html and css 

While the above suggestions are valid, I'd suggest you let your own skills development opporunities drive your decision.

It's a dream project CS5 with a bit of PHP for SSI (Server Side Includes) is all you need.

You already have the hard part handled (getting thecontent) and it sounds like you are funded

I would set up the new site locally until it is completed.

We'll all b glad to assist

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points